Don’t worry. You are in great company!
No matter who is walking through the doors for their first class there is a level of anxiety that awaits everyone starting on their Jiu-Jitsu training.
Part of it is the unknown. 💭
But part of it is you get to see what you are actually made of.
It's simultaneously invigorating and terrifying!
Rest assured. The coaches at Metro Jiu-Jitsu will provide you with an incredible experience and the team will make you feel super comfortable from day one!
Heres what you can expect your FIRST day on the mats:
1. When you walk in you will be greeted promptly within 5 seconds by our front desk!
2. From there we have a waiver for you to sign before you start your training!
3. The next step is getting you set up with your temporary "uniform" (a bonafide Metro Jiu-Jitsu tee shirt) that is yours to keep!
4. Next comes a quick consult to find out how we can better coach you!
5. After that?
It’s go time! 👊
We will get you on the mat where you will be introduced to the coach for that day as well as the rest of the team.
Class time is broken down into three sections: Warm-up, technique, and sparring.
You will not be required to spar your first night if you do not feel comfortable. (Though we highly recommend it as anyone you match with will adjust their pace since its your first day!)
6. The final piece....it's decision time! When you join the team you will get all of your gear the first night and be onboarded with your training schedule!
So when is your first class? 😏
Professor Mohammed & Coach David